Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Boat People - 24 July 2010, The Troubadour

w/ Skinny Jean, The Medics

So I wasn't planning on going to the Troubadour last night, but plans for the night finished a little earlier than I expected and there I found myself. I won't lie. Two Boat People gigs in two days, I'm OK with that!

Tonight they played a very similar set list to last night dropping "Hours and Hours" from Chandeliers and picking up quite a few more from Dear Darkly. I was OK with this also. One thing I have to comment on is the arrangement and format of some of their song. It was so great to hear a completely different arrangement of the same songs that they had performed the night before! It made for a completely different experience, and shows just how talented this band really is. This sold out show also had a vastly different atmosphere to that of the Sound Lounge. Where the Gold Coast was very chilled, the Brisbane show brought a much louder crowd. But loud in the best possible way. But then again, home town shows will do that! Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment