Monday, October 25, 2010

Eagle and the Worm - 22 October 2010, The Troubadour

w/ Ball Park Music, Blame Ringo

With such a freaking good line up, of cause I already have locked in plans.... *sigh* But it on the plus side, I did make it in time to see half of Ball Park Music's loose-as set, and the Eagle and the Worm. While unfortunate that Blame Ringo had to take a bench seat, I am sure I will see more of this band, because what can i say, they also are pretty sweet.

Ball Park Music. They always play a fun set. Tonight they were all drunk. They played a fun set with a heightened sense of of the word loose. I didn't think they could get much more entertaining, but tonight, I ended up spending most of the songs I saw in hysterics. As they almost always do with "iFly" stopped mid song and had a bit of a chat amongst themselves and to the audience. Tonight however, it seemed longer and more irrelevant. Again with the hysterics. Till Sam get on with it casually inputting "So I called up my mum and I said, 'I Fucking Love You...." Such an incredible band. Even when drunk they can still rock the hell out of the Troubadour.

So, everyone has been telling me about Eagle and the Worm. I keep hearing about them wherever I go. "You should really go see them." "They are incredible." I believe these people hence the reason I am here. And holy SHIT! They weren't even kidding! From song one they stared a party like none other. If Ball Park Music are fun onstage, these guys top it ten fold. You just can't help but move and dance like an idiot. I'm not usually one for the "dancing like an idiot" kind of thing, but when surrounded with the Ball Park kids, it's hard not to get into the spirit of things. (Man those guys know how to partae). So the frontman has an interesting sort of a guitar. The bottom two strings are bass strings, while the upper three are guitar stings. I would have loved to have a play with this guitar, coz that's just cool! Not only was he playing this guitar, but also a normal bass, resulting in the bad having two playing bass! So apart from this interesting guitar lineup, they also have a member solely playing the trumpet and tambourine. The last thing I have to mention is the fact that they use a kazoo in one of their songs!! Pretty sure that tops the cool things about this band's instrumentation. Joining them on stage for their last song (my personal favourite in their set) was Paul on trombone. Oh my, the set was good, this song however just lifted it up to that next level. So amazing! EatW's singles were definitely some of the highlights of set and with their album release early next year there are going to be way more good sets from these guys.

I more than anything wish I could have been there for the entire night of music. The atmosphere in the room was absolutely buzzing by then end, and I know Blame Ringo would have put on one hell of a set also. Another time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment